10 min. 15 min.
On this week’s episode of Dishing on Movies, we team up with @HappiLeeErin to make Pokemon-inspired, Poke Ball Cake Pops.
To make these delicious Cake Pops, you can use your own favorite recipe for cake and frosting, or even buy store bought if you wish. But, in case you want to make it extra special, extra delicious, and homemade, you can follow these Basic Vanilla Cake and Buttercream recipes from the Kiss My Bundt Cookbook.
Kiss My Bundt Bakery’s Basic Vanilla Cake
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 1¼ cups whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
2. Beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Slowly add sugar. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Crack eggs, one at a time, into a separate bowl and add to batter one at a time, blending well after each addition. Continue beating on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add vanilla to milk.
5. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture, mix 1/3 of the flour into the batter at a low speed, then 1/2 of the milk, alternating until all ingredients are combined.
6. Spray a baking pan (13x9x2) with baker’s cooking spray or grease and dust with flour. Pour the batter into the prepared Pan
7. Bake cake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
8. Invert cake onto a cooling rack. for 30 minutes then serve.
Kiss My Bundt Bakery’s Basic Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp milk
1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy.
2. Sift powdered sugar and slowly add into the butter mixture.
3. Beat butter and powdered sugar until incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
4. Add 1tbsp of milk to the mixture, at a time, until the frosting is a creamy “spreadable” consistency.