10 min. 15 min.
This week, we make a delicious Monkey Bread, which is a simple baked treat that uses canned biscuits, pecans, cinnamon, and brown sugar to make a caramel-y gooey delicious treat perfect for your next brunch. We top if off with brûléed bananas that just sent this treat over the top!
Learn how to make below!
3 cans Buttermilk Biscuits (pillsbury)
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 sticks Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Open cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
3. In a ziplock bag, combine the white sugar with cinnamon.
4. Put biscuit quarters into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Seal bag and shake to coat each piece of dough.
5. Spray bundt pan with a baking spray with flour. Place a layer of dough nuggets in the bottom, then sprinkle with chopped pecans. Continue this layering until the dough is used up.
6. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt 2 sticks of butter with ½ cup of brown sugar. Cook butter/sugar mixture until combined into a sauce.
7. Pour sugar mixture over the biscuits.
8. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the top is browned.
9. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before inverting on a plate.
Serve alone or topped with brûléed bananas*
To make bruleed bananas: slide bananas into rounds, then sprinkle with granulated white sugar. Then brûlée, or melt the sugar until is turns brown and bubbly. Wait a moment before eating, allowing the sugar to cool and form a crackly crust.