1. Slice baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Brush each side with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt. Toast in a 350 degree oven for about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. After you peel and halve a butternut squash, cut into strips and then dice until you have about 2 cups. Alternatively, you can buy prepared butternut squash that has already been peeled and cut, however, you will need to dice into ½ inch pieces.
3. Toss the diced butternut squash in 1 tbsp of olive oil and add 2 tsp of fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Spread on a foil-lined or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the squash is tender. Remove from oven when done and set aside
4. In a mixing bowl, whip 1/3 cup of heavy cream until you have medium peaks. Remove from bowl. Set Aside.
5. Into the mixing bowl, add the goat cheese and beat until smooth.
6. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the goal cheese, lightening up the goat cheese so that it can be spread onto the crostini.
7. Chop the cranberries and pistachios and set aside.
8. In a sauté pan, melt 2 tsp of butter and 2 tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the pistachios and cranberries. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until pistachios start to release toasted smell. At this point, add the butternut squash and remaining thyme. Cook for 2 minutes to combine all of the flavors. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
9. Assembly. Take one crostini and spread an even layer of goat cheese. Next, take a heaping tablespoon or two of the squash mixture and top the crostini.